Photo by Our Journey of Love
Whew… I feel like I really rushed through Ethiopia, even though it’s already been a couple weeks. I would have liked to linger a bit longer, but I’m already in full-on holiday craziness mode. I’m guessing you can all relate.
Anyways, without further adieu, here’s my recap of all the gluten-free Ethiopian food from the past two weeks.
* Use Berbere to add heat and a whole lot of flavor to spicy dishes.
* Nit’ir qibe will layers of spice to all your Ethiopian cooking.
* These Spicy Red Lentils are hot, healthy, and yummy!
* This Cabbage, Potato and Carrot Stir-Fry is comfort food at its best.
* Teff Porridge with Honey, Dates and Cloves tastes just like spice cake!
* Got milk, lemon juice, salt and pepper? Then make Ayib- a fresh Ethiopian cheese.
* Doro W’et- this spicy chicken is the perfect introduction to Ethiopian food.
* No Ethiopian meal is complete without Injera, the spongy and sour teff flatbread.
* This quick version of T’ej, Ethiopian honey wine, goes down nice and easy…
* Yetakelt W’et- a hearty and spicy mixed vegetable stew.
* Craving some greens? These collard greens (Ye’abesha Gomen) might do the trick.
* In honor of the land of milk and honey, some Honey Ice Cream.
As always, thanks for following along… I’ve got a little culinary detour (layover?) coming up. Stay tuned!