Photo via Serenity Travel Network
Well my time in Tahiti was much too brief and I didn’t get to cook as many authentic dishes as I would have liked. In fact, it seems like I mostly focused on resort-style alcoholic drinks. Perhaps I was subconsciously trying to prepare myself for Sunday’s television boozefest, otherwise known as Mad Men? To say I’m excited for its return would be a massive understatement.
But I have some non-Tahitian recipes that I’ve been wanting to share with you guys for the past two weeks, which is why I’m already moving on. It’ll be good stuff, I promise. But first a recap of my Tahitian gluten-free cooking adventures.
* Royal Tahiti Cocktail- a frozen blend of banana, rum, coconut, lime and strawberry!
* Poisson Cru- like a tropical version of ceviche!
* Any adventurous eaters out there? Try this Creamy Coconut Spinach with Squid.
* Mahana Cocktail- ca frozen blend of pineapple, vanilla and Triple Sec.
* Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brûlée- no special torch necessary!
* This Papaya, Pineapple and Ginger Cooler makes one heck of a tropical mocktail.
* Tahitian Green Papaya Salad with Shrimp makes a fast, fresh and healthy lunch.
* Got a bunch of ripe bananas on your hands? Make this Banana Poe.
See you guys back here next week!