Carrot Zinger- Fresh Carrot, Ginger and Lime Juice

Some of my longtime readers might be thinking that this juice looks a tad familiar.  Yep- it’s essentially the same carrot, ginger and lime combo that I discovered last year while cooking my way around Jamaica.  It’s got the same ginger punch, but the freshly extracted juice is a couple notches more intense than the blender version since there’s no water to dilute the flavor.

Sometimes people are reluctant to get into juicing because it can get expensive really quickly; it can take a whole lot of (pricy!) produce to make one or two glasses.  Thankfully, carrots are an inexpensive option at pretty much every grocery store.  And I’ve been told that when carrots and romaine lettuce are juiced together, it tastes like chocolate milk.  I’m still skeptical, but I’ll be sure to do some investigating this upcoming weekend.

Carrot Zinger- Fresh Carrot, Ginger and Lime Juice

Yield: 1 serving

Ingredients:

* 4 carrots, cut into large chunks
* 1/2 lime, peeled
* 1/2-inch piece ginger
* couple drops stevia (optional)

Directions:

Process the carrots, lime and ginger through a juicer. Taste and add a drop or two of stevia, if desired. Serve immediately over ice.

7 Responses to “Carrot Zinger- Fresh Carrot, Ginger and Lime Juice”

Eileen — April 7, 2012 at 12:09 am

Carrot and romaine make chocolate milk?? That sounds a little fishy to me. But your carrot-ginger-lime combination sounds fantastic!

• CATE — April 8th, 2012 @ 2:16 am

I know, I know… sounds weird. But I definitely have to give it a shot as soon as I remember to pick up some romaine (not usually one of my greens of choice :).

Ambika — April 8, 2012 at 1:50 am

This is exactly how I like my carrot juice!! :)

• CATE — April 8th, 2012 @ 2:17 am

Isn't it great this way? I'm not a fan of plain carrot juice… but I sure love it this way!

Cathleen — April 8, 2012 at 2:58 pm

What an intriguing combination of flavors. I must try this out sometime!

Emily — April 20, 2012 at 4:02 am

This sounds fantastic! I just got a vitamin today and am actually in love, but I'm not quite sure what it can handle and what it can't yet. Could I pop this all in and just blend?

• CATE — April 22nd, 2012 @ 12:39 am

A vitamix can totally handle these ingredients but it'll just need some water to make it more like juice and less like pulp/paste. Check out the link to the Vitamix version on the top of the post for my ratio. Hope you're enjoying your new toy :)