Hi, I’m Cate (aka Cat, Cathy and/or Catherine) . I love cooking, I love eating, and I love traveling… although living in Honolulu isn’t half bad. What don’t I love? Not being able to eat local specialties when I’m on vacation because they’ve got gluten. Well, Girl Cooks World is my way to experience food from all around the world, without the gluten or the jet lag.
Along the way I hope to learn new recipes and techniques, introduce myself to unfamiliar ingredients and discover new ways to prepare common ones.
For those of you newly diagnosed with Celiac or gluten-intolerance, I hope that you’ll be able find a couple recipes that will help ease your transition to the gluten-free lifestyle. Sometimes all you need is a good chocolate cupcake to reassure you that everything is going to be OK.
I hope that you enjoy following along on this little culinary adventure of mine. Thanks so much for stopping by.
p.s. Have a question or looking for even more info? You might want to check out my FAQ page.
Press & Mentions:
* The Huffington Post: Eat Now: Totchos Recipe for the Super Bowl on January 29, 2013
* The Huffington Post: The Ultimate Nachos Recipe: Which Will Be At Your Super Bowl Party? on January 18, 2013
* The Kitchn: Thai Coconut Noodle Soup & Chocolate Custard Pots with Peanut Cream on October 15, 2012
* Huffington Post: Cauliflower Recipes: 24 Ways With the Crucifer on October 8, 2012
* The Kitchn: Spooky Ghost Pizza & Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Pancakes on October 8, 2012
* The Kitchn: Spooky Argentinian Alfajore Caramel Cookies & (Not) Refried Beans on August 28, 2012
* The Kitchn: Burrito Sushi & Orange Yogurt Pancakes on March 28, 2012
* The Kitchn: Sausage Rolls & Creamy Coconut Spinach on March 19, 2012
* The Kitchn: Salsa di Parmigiano and Hello Kitty Pocket Pies on December 9, 2011
* Saveur: One Ingredient, Many Ways: Carrots on November 9, 2011
* The Kitchn: Peach Melba Parfaits and Vegetarian Poutine on June 20, 2011
* Women’s Health: What We’re Reading This Week on June 14, 2011
* Glamour Health & Fitness: Afternoon Snack: Almond Snack Balls on June 3, 2011
* Marcus Samuelsson: Five Delicious Iced Tea Flavor Combinations on May 26, 2011
* Lauren Conrad: Tuesday Ten: Creative Cocktails on May 17, 2011
* Phoenix New Times: Eater’s Digest on March 22, 2011